Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Independence Day Weekend Part 1

I got a say, the 4th of July is one of my favorite times of year.  I've spent all 28 of my Independence Day's in the sleepy little town of Port Hope, that weekend the village turns into a hustling and bustling Metropolis.  I get to see people I only see once or twice a year, the Hotel is always full and of course, tractor pulls, flea markets, fireworks, campfires, parades, blah blah blah.  Sunday I spent a little to much time in the sun and got burned up pretty good.  

This morning I got on the elevator and right after I hit the button a very attractive girl got on after me.  As she got on she quickly scanned the handful of occupants and we caught eyes for a second.  It's funny how much can happen in a flash.  For an instant I thought, "is she checking me out?".  Remember this is right at 8 o'clock, so I wasn't thinking clearly.  After realizing that that couldn't be it I became temporarily telepathic and could read her thoughts, and as we locked eyes I could tell she was thinking "I wonder if the fireman that pulled that horribly disfigured burn victim from that house fire was cute."  

After the 30th person said, "get a little sun this weekend?"   I became annoyed and started telling people it was a new tanning lotion I was trying out, I figured if this guy can get away with it, so can I.
I'm still working on my pose, but I figured if I started spiking my hair it would become more natural looking.  Now I just have to make if through the week without cursing at someone, I plan on staying close to my desk for the duration.

No comments: