Monday, August 4, 2008

Week Seven...

Since Friday night I have had a terrible taste in my mouth.  I'm not sure if it was from the two bitter defeats that we were forced to eat, or the incredible amount of dust I ingested from that dry field we played on.  I played the worst game of the season by far, capping it all off with a play were the ball went from a very awkward place for me to catch it (my hands) to a much more effective place (the souls of my feet).  Some of us had a relatively bad and hard game.  It's not really like me to run out and mention names, so I will leave it at that.  Nothing we can do about it now, but move on to the future.  What does the future hold?  I'm talking about the Playoffs.  (I also found this little gem).  We play the Solo Raiders at 6:30 at Tyler Field, more Playoff information to follow this week.

"Ass of the Week" goes to me for making an Ass out of myself by missing that ball and falling down like a dummy. 

So the "Teen Choice Awards" are on right now.  I was hooked in as I was flipping channels and that little spit fire Miley Cyrus was singing and jumping around the stage in a hypnotic way that made me stop.  I'm not sure what happened after that but I just realized I watched 45 minutes of that show and have lost the ability to feel on the left side of my body.  I'm dizzy and I'm loaded with questions.  1. "Who are the Jonas Brothers, and why did every single person in that arena scream whenever their name was mentioned?  I wasn't sure if they liked them or if those adorable little guys were terrorizing the crowd."  2. "How is Adam Sandler still winning awards and why is he still considered funny?"  3. "When did Dane Cook do something this year, and what could he have done that would have nominated him for an award?  Are they giving out awards for doing something great 4 years ago?"  4. "How in the F does Will Smith win the award for best summer movie.  The category was BEST SUMMER MOVIE and I swear on my life the winner was Will Smith.  He got up and made a speech about how every single piece of "art" (I think I made some "art" this afternoon in men's room that would have brought tears to people's eyes) he puts into the world, he does with his family, his fans, and God in mind.  My question about him was, why doesn't God make him slip and impale himself on the surfboard he won as the prize for being voted the Best Summer Movie?  WHY GOD?!?!  I'll tell you why, because God only hears the prayers of 13 year old girls that look like Jenna Jameson that can scream at full volume without taking a breath for 120 minutes at a time and the only thing they can agree on is that the next season of American Idol can't get here fast enough and Jamie Lynn Spears is going to be a 'great mom', that's why."  It wasn't until after some 15 year old handsome devil I had never seen before told me the best way to spread Al Gore's lie of going "Green" was through MySpace that I finally was able to dislodge my tongue from the back of my throat and come to my senses long enough to shut the TV off.  I just wanted to hear Hannah sing 7 Things and I lost an unknown amount of brain cells.  I don't know how those marketing guys do it but I couldn't stop myself from Googling Zac Efron just now, and I think I'm going to fall asleep to whatever song he has playing on his MySpace page tonight.  I just want to hang out with that guy for some reason.  He seems really grounded and he doesn't follow the trends like the other people out there he's above it all, he's in it for the art, like Will Smith.

For some reason I cannot post a picture tonight, but if you know who these people are do yourself a favor, and kill yourself.

No comments: