Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Here Comes Christmas Again!!!


I bought a computer back in May of this year, and the first widget I added to my desktop was a countdown clock to Christmas. As we sit at this moment it shows 36 Days 3 hours and 6 minutes to go..... I can't wait!!!

Even though my feelings about Christmas have changed a lot over the years in many was they've stayed the same. When I was little we would do the Christmas Eve Service every year, I would get a new sweater then stand up in front of the church with all the other kids and say "In those day Caesar Augustus issued a decree that a census should be taken of the entire Roman world..." Then we would go to Grandma & Grandpa Iseler's to open presents and watch my uncles get drunk. We would get home around midnight, watch the Mass at St. Peters in Rome and go to bed then get up at 6:00am to open presents. Fast forward 20 years, now I'm the uncle getting drunk and instead of Mass we watch "A Christmas Story"....

4 years ago Chad and I started a tradition of our own.... We try to keep it as Christmassy as possible, and we have spread lots and lots of Christmas Cheer over the years. I attached 1 or 2 of the pics from last years Formal Outing... Click here if you want to see what it's all about.

Also, a Gold Star to every person who learns this dance before December 6th, and performs it at some point in the night. Nerissa, Autum, Lesley....I'm thinking you 3.

No comments: