Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Episode 2 - Dancing to the Max

Well this wouldn't be much of a Saved By the Bell Kickball Blog if I didn't mention what went down last night.  Autum texted me at 1:19am and told me to turn on Fallon, had I known now what I didn't know then, I would have actually woke up and turned it on.  Click on the pic to see what went down.  I've never been interested in the Jimmy Fallon show, but today I found out he is only Kelly and Screech away from a reunion on his show.  I'm going to have to pay a little closer attention.

So this past week we played The Green Valley Team and didn't do so hot.  Long story short, we still have not broken into the "Double U" column, but for the second week in a row we put up a pretty good fight.  Our offense was much improved and we managed to score more than 2 runs.  However, Green Valley had a knack for kicking it to where we were not, and managed to score more than we did.  

During the second game I was in the dugout as Nerissa kicked.  I couldn't see home plate but I saw Nerissa (Kicking out of the Lisa Turtle position) knock the ball back to the pitcher.  They were working the ball over to 1st to get the 3rd out of the inning, but I didn't see Nerissa trying to make it to first.  So I yelled "Don't give up on it!" Because lots of times a team can make a mistake and change the whole game.  Then I looked to see Nerissa laying on the ground, I had not known that she fell.  Sorry Nerissa.  However, the best part was when she went running out to Left Center to play some defense.  She was limping pretty bad, and Tim yelled out "Hey, look at Lisa!  She's doing the Sprain!"  Which was pretty much the perfect thing to say at the time, I did a quick look around to see if Casey Kasem was around, but he wasn't.

I played for the first time this year after sitting out the first game due to an abundance of players.  It felt great, I really didn't think I would miss it as much as I did.  

Kickball really is a fun sport, and I'm glad I play it.

No comments: