Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Episode 1 - The Fight

It wasn't until Saturday afternoon that I realized that the other team wasn't even drinking.  I'm not saying you have to have 11 beers to have fun playing kickball, in fact it's been a long time since I've had to pull myself out of a game due to alcohol related issues.  However, I would say 9 times out of 10 a few bowls of loud mouth soup are involved whenever I see someone as upset as some of the people on Black Shirted Valley's team that we played last Friday.

I realize that we are a vocal team and that we can come off as aggressive, but when Kelly Kapowski, err Kerri Dhyse gets "lippy" with the other team, and A.C. Wehner gets called out into the parking lot, something is up.  Now if it were Bonsall (pick one), Autum, or me.... I wouldn't even mention it here, because we probably would have done plenty to start it.  But as I was watching this guy from Black Valley scream at us like he was Leon Carosi and we where the charming good looking high school kids he hired to run his Beach Resort for the summer only he was using the F-Bomb very liberally and all I could say was "Easy guy, it's only Kickball." it's got to be out of line right?  

Even though we didn't get a "W" out of the evening, I think we played really well.  The defense was outstanding, our biggest weakness was what it always is, kicking.  Getting runs across the plate was harder than passing a Mr. Dewey Geometry Mid-Term and practicing for an all girl singing group all during the same week.  But I have good news for you.  We can solve this problem the same way the gang solved Jessie's sevier drug problem.  We work together.  Don't put too much pressure on each other, and stay positive.  The runs will come.

No comments: